Windows 10 recently announced the anniversary update. It was accessible to all the users form 2nd august. Not much has been changed on the front but, Microsoft claims to have changed a lot more in the inside. Some visual modifications are also added including edge browser update and windows Ink.
Most of us have to do nothing to install the new update, but If you guys are not patient enough, here is our guide to manually install the new Windows 10 anniversary update. If Microsoft is not updating your operating system, that means Microsoft is rolling out the update with a slower pace, or the Anniversary update is not yet ready for your device.
This can happen to the users of old windows 7 and 8/8.1 users who have updated their devices from those older versions to window 10. The new update will not install on your device unless and until you have used window 10 for more than 30 days.
First of all like any other operating system you have to delete the old windows files using windows cleanup software. Then you have to manually download the update version of windows 10.
After that you must follow these steps in order to install the Anniversary Update correctly.
- Go to Settings menu > Update & security > Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates here your pc will scan for available updates and it will automatically update your windows.
- Now click Restart Now and you will complete the update process.
If you still face some problem, or your device is not able to find the update you can always manually download Windows Anniversary update form Microsoft windows update history page. Follow these steps for manual update.
- Go to the Windows 10 update history page.
- Click Get the Anniversary Update now it will download the ISO (an EXE file).
- Now run the file it will take you to windows update assistant. There you have to follow simple steps and your update will be ready.
There are basically two methods to install this update but none of them is effective enough to give you the final product. These methods are as follows
- You can enroll in the Windows Insider Program:It’s not that difficult to enroll your device here but actually it takes several days or sometimes weeks to get you devices updated.
- You can also install the update manually using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool: It allows you to make your own data device to install the update. You can make your own bootable DVD, CD, or a USB so that you can proceed a clean installing process without facing any problems. The problem we face right now is that Media creation tool does not have the Anniversary Update yet, so you should better install this update using the method mentioned above.